
My parents Roger & Connie Holbrook celebrated their 40th anniversary the same day Dave & I celebrated our 9th. Yes, we share our anniversary! I just wanted to post a picture of the two most influential and important people in my life! I am so extremely blessed to be their daughter! I count my blessings daily to have been born into their home. They are both my heroes in life! They emulate our Savior each and everyday of their lives! They serve others more than anyone else I know. Even amid hardships and trials they reach out to others. Nobody would ever know that they had experienced trials in their lives because of their undoubting faith and positive attitudes. I continue to be amazed at them each and every day. I honestly do not know where I would be without them. Even as I get older, I still have their unconditional love and support in all I do. They help me to be a better mother, wife, a better person. I can only hope that I can be half the parent that they are to me! This past November all of us siblings sent them on a trip to Hawaii for mom's 60th birthday and their 40th anniversary. You have never seen two happier people ever! Everytime I talked to them while they were there it was like talking to two little kids. They were giddy with excitement. No two people have ever deserved something more! We all realized later that it was the very first time in 40 years that they have ever gone on a vacation just the two of them with no one else along! That goes to show just how much they love to serve others. They NEVER think of themselves or do anything just for them. They ALWAYS have someone in their minds who they can reach out to. One of my favorite things about my dad is his attitude. You will never hear him complain. I also love his faith in our Father in Heaven! He is truly obedient, honest, trustworthy, the list goes on and on. My mom is my best girlfriend ever!!! I love her unselfishness. You will never meet another individual who serves more than her. She is always baking cinnamon rolls, bread, dinner, etc. for someone. My mom also has a special gift of getting into people's lives and really sincerely being there for them. She does not pry or go about it in an offensive way, but she just seems to know what to say at just the right time. She has helped so many people to change their lives around for the better. Everyone loves to be around her. She has a personality that just makes you feel at peace and loved. My parents have created a home that is truly full of the Spirit. Anyone who enters their home comments on the wonderful spirit that is there. They may not be rich in the worldly sense of the word, but they will definitely have more treasures than anyone can imagine in heaven! They have raised a family of 6 kids who all love each other and love to be together! Their family went from 8 to 14 and is now 34 in number! And each member of their family loves each other more than anything! Thanks mom and dad for being exactly what parents should be: strong, steadfast, immovable in the ways of the Lord, while also being loving, supportive, and lots of fun to be around!!! I love you both so much!!!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Happy 40th!!!
Posted by dhbean at 1:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How sweet...your parents sound like amazing people. I think if you are always trying to serve and be like Him...you are truely blessed in so many ways. And it sounds like they have been blessed with a wonderful family and a beautiful daughter! That was a really sweet post for your parents Holly. But what the heck were you doing blogging at 1:00 in the morning!
What a beautiful post you did for them. I am jealous that you have such amazing parents. How nice you all sent them to Hawaii!
Hi! It's Amanda (Barrus) Taylor. I have to agree... your parents are FABULOUS! I found your blog through Brian & Gina Taylor...you have such a cute little family!
Post a Comment