Kyson started school this past Monday. The day starts with him telling me that he is not going to let me take pictures of him. "Come on mom!!!"
He is so independent when it comes to school. I walked him to the playground to line up on his "dot". He told me that I didn't have to, but of course I needed to do it for me. Then when it was time for him to walk to class he was eager to go. I have to admit that it has been weird having him gone all day. It is a LONG day! Kyson has actually missed his free time to "play". But I think he is really going to enjoy this year.
I am learning that it doesn't take long for kids to get embarrassed by mom...
Kyson took cold lunch only 2 times this week (luckily he is still young enough to get excited about eating hot lunch :) ). Anyway, the 2nd time he took lunch he didn't pack a drink because he likes to get milk from the lunchroom. However, you have to take a quarter to buy milk, but unfortunaltely he forgot his quarter to buy his milk and I did not have one bit of change with me. So, I told him that I would bring it back for him so he would be sure to have a drink for lunch. I put it in an envelope and of course had to add a cute little note from mom. Later that night I am asking him if he got my note. To which he responds, "Yeah mom, but I had to hide it from everyone else to read it." I asked him why, and he says, "Because you just can't let your friends see things like that." Oh, my heart!!! He is honestly such a fun boy to have around! I love seeing him grow!
Ky walking in to the school yard.
Standing in line, waiting for the bell to ring.
This is the best smile I could get from him for the camera all day!!!
Ky and Tylee giving loves bye. It has been hard for Tylee this week without her "best friend"
Ky walking to class!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Ky's First Day of School
Posted by dhbean at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
doent it just break your heart that they are gone all day. Luke has been so tired and hasnt been able to finish a lunch yet. he comes home starving because he just doesnt eat fast enough. it is sad that they seem to get younger when they start to get embarassed of parents:)
Oh it breaks my heart to see how our kids are growing. Avery started full time Kindergarten last friday and it is so weird to think that she will be gone every day, all day for the next 18 years. And then she will be so excited to move out of the house she won't even look back. It's never the same once they start school. Scary that they are out of our homes more then in our homes at this young age. At least you don't have another child about to be baptised in a couple of weeks. I feel as old as my grandma! Well, not quite but at least as old as my mom. Glad to see you're doing great!
Cute! I didn't know you had a blog!! It is sad to see how fast they grow!!
Ahh, That picture of Tylee hugging him goodbye almost made me tear up. So sweet!!!!
Hey, I found your blog! I hope Kyson is liking 1st grade better these days, him and Tylee need to come over and play, my kids would love it! I wrote Chase a little note in his lunch on the 1st day of school and he got all embarrased too!
Post a Comment