I absolutely cannot believe that Tylee is 4 years old! She turned 4 on August 23rd. When I was a little girl I would think about what it would be like to be a mom when I "grew up". Of course I would picture having my own little girl one day (it was always girls and I think that is because I always had little girl dolls). Anyway, I have been blessed to have the daughter of my dreams! In fact I now have 2 of them. But today I am thinking of Tylee and her special spirit. Tylee is everything I ever wanted in a daughter. She is so full of personality! She is tender hearted and loves to be cuddled by mom. She has always been my little "angel" from heaven. My Heavenly Father knew that I needed her in my life at the time she was born. And even as an infant Tylee seemed to recognize what I needed each day. She is such a joy in our home. She was given the middle name LaRae after my grandma whom I never met. She died when my mom was only 14 years old. I have always thought of my grandma LaRae as my guardian angel, and ironically, Tylee was actually due to be born on her birthday. I am so priviledged to be trusted to raise this amazing daughter of my Heavenly Father's.
On the lighter side... this year Tylee wanted nothing other than a Hannah Montana birthday! I may be crazy, but I think this is a little crazy coming from a 4 year old. But what do we moms do? ... exactly what our kids want of course! (okay not all the time, but this time I did) Anyway, we had a Hannah Montana party and it was way fun! The girls colored their own Hannah pillowcases while the boys worked on model cars. Then we cranked up the music and everyone danced and sang their little hearts out! We had a Hannah pinata and of course a Hannah birthday cake. It was a great day!
Tylee got lots of fun things. Her 2 favorite had to be the Hannah Montana Barbie from Kyson. It sings and talks. The other hit of the day was a card that came in the mail. It was from Grandma and Grandpa in Texas (that is what my kids call them). You will see a small video clip of Tylee with it. Let me just tell you that I am looking forward to the day when both of these "prized" posessions run out of batteries. :)
Tylee with her gifts
Tylee hugging her favorite gift...Hannah!
Tylee trying out the Easybake oven
The finished product
The Taste Test
UGGHHH! Maybe we will use our own frosting next time!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Happy 4th Birthday Tylee LaRae!!!
Posted by dhbean at 10:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment